Buying A Pop-Up Camper? Here’s What You Should Know
If you’re looking for a way to spend more time outdoors with the family, investing in a pop-up camper may be an excellent solution for you. Also known as a tent camper or folder camper, pop-up campers are lightweight travel trailers that can “pop up” and fold down to collapse into a compact trailer. In this blog, we’ll look at some of the pros and cons of pop-up trailers and what you should look out for before you make a final purchasing decision.
At Colorado RV Center, we’re passionate about providing our customers with some of the best new and used RVs, travel trailers, and toy haulers. Whether you’re shopping for a pop-up camper or fifth wheel trailer, we’re confident you’ll find vehicle of your dreams on our online store. Browse our website today or contact us with any questions you may have!
The Pros of Pop-Up Campers
Contrary to popular belief, the pop-up camper holds several unique advantages in the RV world. Aside from the fact that these campers offer a generous amount of space, they can also help you save on gas mileage for those long, cross-country trips. Let’s look at some of the most common benefits of pop-up campers, below:
- They Are Economical – If you’ve already started shopping for a new travel trailer or RV, you have probably come to the realization that pop-up campers tend to be much less expensive than traditional RVs. Not only are these trailers affordable, they offer a good amount of sleeping space and entertainment options for such a low price tag. If cost is one of your main concerns, it may be wise to invest in a pop-up camper.
- Lightweight & Compact – Another reason pop-up campers have become a popular option for families is because of their unique and lightweight design. This can be very beneficial for the average homeowner, because it means that they won’t have to invest in a heavy duty truck to haul their camper.
- Simple To Tow – After just a few trips, even the newest pop-up camper owner can tow their camper without much difficulty. Since these campers are so lightweight, you won’t have to worry as much about your car’s fuel economy, which means you’ll spend less time and money at the gas pump.
- Convenience – Since pop-up campers can be towed with your own vehicle, this makes them very convenient once you arrive at your campsite. All you have to do is simply unhitch the camper and drive your car anywhere you’d like to go. With full size RVs, this isn’t possible.
The Cons of Pop-Up Campers
Pop-up campers are the perfect solution for people who are interested in investing in an RV or motorhome, but they’re not quite ready to buy. While these campers offer a number of pros like the fact that they are lightweight and easy to tow, there are also some negatives to keep in mind.
- Amenities & Features – If you’re looking for a travel trailer that offers the latest and greatest features and amenities, you may not want to invest in a pop-up camper. The compact size of these campers can be a downfall to buyers who are looking for more room, and if you can’t fold your belongings up into a small size, they may not fit in your camper.
- Comfort – While some models of pop-up campers are known to be more comfortable than others, most sleeping quarters in these campers are only protected by a vinyl covering. In extreme weather temperatures and conditions, this can have a negative effect on your quality of sleep and the lifespan of your camper.
- Set Up & Take Down Times – Pop-up campers can take some time to put up and take down. When you drive your camper to a campsite, it’s up to you to pop up the camper before it can be used. If you’re looking for a camper that is easy and convenient to set up, consider investing in a fifth wheel camper.
We hope that this article is proven to be helpful as you begin to shop for a pop-up camper. At Colorado RV Center, we’re proud to offer a large selection of new and used pop-up campers online. Shop for your pop-up campers, travel trailers, and toy haulers today!